This is Daniel.
You can call me Yang Yang.
He is going to be 3 weeks old on Saturday.
He has both mummy and daddy features:
1. Born botak like mummy
2. Curly hair like daddy
3. Eyes like daddy
4. Obvious double eye lid and lashes – unlike mummy or daddy
5. Nose like daddy
6. Sexy lips like mummy
7. Sweet smiles and cute like mummy
8. Very boyish, cho-lou (rough!) and playful like daddy
9. Blood type A+ like daddy
10. Screamer and bad temperament like mummy
11. Ears like mummy
12. Fingers and feet – long and huge like mummy
His mummy is in confinement and haggard-looking at home – with broken sutures and blood clot on C-sect wound a week before. Mummy tries to limit movement and not carry Daniel too much (how sad!), but still can blog 😛
Daniel’s growth milestone has been tremendous eventhough less than 3 weeks old:
1. Each feeding is 3++ ounces already
2. Suckling on mummy’s breast until sore. Latches like a velociraptor.
3. Play with himself after feeding i.e. talking! “Ang-gu-gu”
4. Super screamer when hungry
5. Does not get annoyed by loud noises (sleeps through loud TV, radio, crowds, people talking, etc.)
6. Developed double chin
7. Kicker and boxer without mittens. Daniel hates mittens
8. Loves bathing and swimming in bathtub (which baby doesn’t?)
9. Has strong and long neck, unlike mummy and papa.
He makes mummy and papa smile everyday. And because Baby Daniel loves to smile too.
Daniel makes me wake up twice at night time to pump and latch, but all the lost sleep are worth it. Mummy lost 13 kg in 2 weeks. Left 5 kg to pre-pregnancy weight.
Mummy feels kinda sad because not much BM produced but tries her best to eat supplement to increase BM – dishes such as Ikan Yu (=shark meat), hot Holicks, papaya soup, etc.
Mummy feels the pain when admitted to hospital for C-sect bleeding at suture. Mummy cried more than during contraction/labour pain – cause can’t get to see baby and to BF him.
Daniel is very kind to mummy and papa – give shit and pee to us to process everyday. But somehow seeing this yellow poo2 and pee2 makes mummy and papa very happy because this means Daniel is growing well.
Papa will come see baby Daniel every weekend. We both miss papa very much!